Teachbodyimage.com aims to promote a healthy body image by providing teachers with the knowledge and tools to encourage and support students in making healthy body positive life choices.
Here are some of the website highlights:
1) A web space was created that provides teachers and parents with body-positive messages for children and adolescents www.teachbodyimage.org
2) BEd students worked with us on a Ning blog to develop key messages for teachers and parents. These messages can be found here: http://www.teachbodyimage.com/images/pdfs/resourcesandresearch/Key-Messages.pdf
3) Using the key messages, 33 lessons were created by the teacher candidates, a team of teacher colleagues, and the research team. The lessons can be found here: http://www.teachbodyimage.com/index.php/lesson-topics
4) As an extension of the lesson project, a series of body-positive boosters were created, similar to body breaks – short activities that teachers can use multiple times to send body-positive messages. The boosters can be found here: http://www.teachbodyimage.com/index.php/body-image-boosters
5) In an effort to increase knowledge mobilization, summaries of research articles were created. The intent of the summaries was to provide brief, 3-4 page summaries of the research and to make these available to teachers and parents. Here is an example of one of the summaries: http://www.teachbodyimage.com/resourcesandresearch/Summary-Country-Lane.pdf